PCShop Gaming Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the PCShop Gaming Community forum!
Modern Warfare 2 | Base Builder | Laser Tag | Jailbreak
[ Base Builder Zombie Mod ] - 68.232.164.155:27015
[ Modern Warfare 2 ] - 68.232.165.165:27015
[ Laser Tag ] - 68.232.163.10:27015
[ Jailbreak ] - 216.6.224.138:27015

I forgot my password

Donate / Purchase Admin

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 Btn_donateCC_LG

Latest topics

» ARE WE STILL ALIVE ?
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 12:22 pm by RadSavage

» HOLY SHIT
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Aug 2017, 5:31 am by Anon

» Well well...
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:40 am by Anon

» One Last Topic.
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:05 am by Rain.

» I don't know if people still use this thing but..
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by Streets

» Hi guys
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm by My Taylor Swift

» Would buy 1 or 2 servers
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 6:50 am by 5150kaboom

» Hi im new
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 11:37 am by strawberry face

» Just thought i would pop in to say hi
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm by oskarekziom

» Anon or Tirant
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:35 am by JIRK

» BF2 server
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm by eaturpye

» MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm by strawberry face

» 3 word story game
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm by morbid9567

» hello
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm by morbid9567

Modern Warefare 2 Server

+11
Chop
JoM@m@
Infinity
Fuzzy Bear
Streets
junk
Anon
tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
RadSavage
KIller_Lord
j0p@p@
15 posters

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] Killer_lord
    [PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

Post by KIller_Lord Tue 09 Nov 2010, 8:55 am

thats exactly why i came up with that idea so it makes it easyer and funner for other new members just joining Very Happy if those new players dont got friends ill have a admin or myself give him credits to start out with

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

Post by Guest Tue 09 Nov 2010, 10:56 am

j0p@p@ wrote:We get new people in the server all the time. The point is to get there interest and keep it so that play in there servers. finding pcshop member is easy cause once people get into the community they are hooked and desire to be a pcshop member. My interest is to populate servers and and have more forum activity.
    Agreed
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@

Post by j0p@p@ Wed 23 Mar 2011, 2:27 am

Bump

I still think this is a good idea and should be implemented.
    Streets
    Streets
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Post by Streets Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:38 am

Put some flash games on here like ive been wanting god damn it

Make a high score list for each game

See who tops out chart etc etc

Maybe win something maybe not

but yea... flash games on here that shows high scores of the forum users would be nice
    Fuzzy Bear
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Steam Name : fuzzy bear

Post by Fuzzy Bear Wed 23 Mar 2011, 2:29 pm

LOL papa 5 month after =) but i think your idea is actually good.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Wed 23 Mar 2011, 4:05 pm

Well i was MIA for 3 of those months where my internet was down lol.. besides that i left it to see if some one that could would implement it and i forgot about it since i came back until recently, with a increase of new people in the server it would help to get people in here to read all the rules for BB. But i assume it got forgot just like i did Very Happy. This time i will bump this till i get a straight yes or no answer Smile.

I think i have been here long enough that there should be little doubt that i could be trusted to handle this. All i would need is access to give credits a message in the server saying we are offering this and a section in the base builder thread for people to request the credits.

Considering what it cost to buy a weapon now i would say give them 200 for making a intro and 200 to request them in a separate section. A seperate section in base builder thread for BB intro's may help me keep track of both.

message in the server could be " Go to pcs.forumotion.com/basebuilder and make a intro and request your free 400 credits".

Or "Go to pcs.forumotion.com/basebuilder to make a intro for 200 credits and request an additionall 200 credits."

Or just have them do the request for the credits no intro. Which ever you guys think will work out the best. Point is i really believe this will bring forum/community/server activity up a lot.
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Steam Name : Anonymous

Post by Anon Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:35 pm

Um, No.

lol jk.

But srsly, I like the idea of credits to new users, but the way the credits xp file is set up it can't be directly edited from ftp. That being said, no one can manually change someones credits without being in game with them.

And the part where you could give it to them: 1) I don't think it would be a problem however, you would have to make sure you were IN GAME at the same time with them. You can't just get their steam id and add credits if they're offline. So, unless you want to be online with our Norwegean players when they sign up, ... lol. Ya know?

Oh, and the other problem is there is no way to prove that so and so's forum acc is REALLY their steam id's acc. Anyone could just look at the last person registerd and be like OMG THATS ME GIMMECREDITSNAO!

Er, and three, I'm not really sure how we could / would keep track of everyone's steam id. In other words, how would we know if the same person just signed up with a different forum acc and gave them all to the same steam id, (even over time).

Not to mention if you didn't give someone their credits immediately, we'd have to have another list (like previously stated list) to know who needs their credits still.

Just too many problems. I love the idea, but just too many variables.

HOWEVER! I have been working on something new to bring members to the forums, I'll reveal it (god and work permitting) soon.
    Infinity
    Infinity
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : kokimiyoi

Post by Infinity Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

We just need better forums...
    That's all.
    JoM@m@
    JoM@m@

Steam Name : jOm@m@ <3

Post by JoM@m@ Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:34 am

i think the credits give away is a good idea.. but anon pointed out what was goin through my mind.. repeating sign ups to get the free credits... downside Sad with how young these kids are all they want is free stuff... so an idea of traking ips would need to be enforced somehow.

hahaha anon dont worry i think jopapa could keep up with the late nighters Razz hes up til all hours in the night
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Steam Name : starcraftgod624
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/RadSavage

Post by RadSavage Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:53 am

I don't think that repeated signups would be an issue. You just have them post their Steam ID and then keep a record of them it's fairly simple. At worst then you'd have one person with two different Steam IDs making two different accounts on the forum and one having only one post.

The real issue is how to grant them that exp efficiently.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Fri 25 Mar 2011, 1:05 pm

The only thing i seen as a true problem from what anon listed is keeping track of steam id's of who already got credits. Is there a way to track steam id's the same way the ban system does? Like instead of amx_addban it would be like amx_addid and we could put the id in before giving credits and see if they already got credits or not. I do not know if this is something that can be done but i am also looking for some kind of number recorder/scanner to help keep track.

i am in an out of forums and server day and night so being on to give people credits is not a worry for me and if some one has free credits coming i am willing to bet it is not gonna be hard to find them online.

A separate section for the people to request credits would help keep track of who has requested and i would mark the thread as done and lock the thread to show i gave them there credits.

I know this can be done just got to work out the bugs like anything else. I ask for a 1 month trial for this idea and if it does not work out the do away with it and i can say we tried.

RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

When someone requests credits ask for their steam ID
    When you give them the credits, add their steam ID to a .txt file on your desktop
    When there is a new request, search your .txt file for that ID and if it's not there, see step 2.

Alternatively this might be an easy plugin to code within the server but Tirant's busy.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:43 pm

that would work to start but if it worked out we would need to figure something out for when there is 10000 steam id's on the list.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:01 am

bump
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Steam Name : Anonymous

Post by Anon Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:48 am

Well duh, a txt file, but that's if you want to take the time to do such a thing when there are a bunch of people like p@p@ said.
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Sat 26 Mar 2011, 10:18 am

It's not the best idea but I don't hear any better ones. It really is not that difficult, just a few extra seconds of copying and pasting.

Anyway I'll talk to Tirant about an alternative idea but I say just go ahead with this temporarily and p@p@ and I will handle it.
    Chop
    Chop
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : ChoP

Post by Chop Sun 27 Mar 2011, 7:29 pm

You could give like a group of people like the job to give exp/credits to people
    RasKal<3

Steam Name :

Post by RasKal<3 Sun 27 Mar 2011, 7:50 pm

EXAMPLE:

Everytime someone says credit. It'll auto-display a sentence. Maybe It'll say, buy credits from Tirant or visit site or yada yada. Also, frequent active players in-game might receive 10 or 20 credits for being active. Let's say I'm in the server and I see someone playing. He or she has been playing for a long time and whether they starting to lose interest(100blocks in a base = impossible) or they seem very intrigued by the server. Perhaps they'll get a reward for staying so long. Yada yada.

Long story short. Active trusted admin sees Player A being active, loyal and helpful. Player A gets 5 to 10credits.

This will only stimulate BB server's economy and help players. Besides, 5-10credits is only sent after approval of the admin. Each time admin sends out 5-10credits. He might contact Tirant or Anon and report it. Reason and explanation. Also.. I would volunteer.. If J0p needs a partner.. >_>

Anywho, to whomever reads this. Tell me what you think.

I got more ideas, If people like this post. =l

RasKal<3

Steam Name :

Post by RasKal<3 Sun 27 Mar 2011, 7:54 pm

NO. Group is a bad idea. We already got a few immature and uneducated admins around. In my opinion, J0p is the most active/trusted admin. I might say I'm active myself and has been with Tirant for awhile..(NoHomo and my opinion) Well.. If anyone can vouch for my comment, since I can't vouch myself.. Not that it matter..

I volunteer to see If I get picked. In my view, no one else qualifies.. Besides J0p or Tirant or the occasional Anon with his quiz. (I really have spies to see whose active and whose not.. Or else I wouldn't go in the server just to ban someone)

JIRK
    JIRK
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : JIRK
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012642492/home

Post by JIRK Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:01 pm

ill volunteer with the 5-10 credit stuff... I like that idea somewhat.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:04 pm

That is a interesting idea but a little off from what i am trying to do.

I want to bring people to the forums for one to bring forum activity up and two to get people to the forums to read the rules for BB so there is less slay slap bans etc that players get cause they do not know the rules and most the time not paying attention to me telling them cause they are trying to build there bases. Regardless i got to punish them cause rather they see me say it or not i can not let them brake rules. Once they are register it will be a lot easier to get them to read the full list of BB rules here.
    RasKal<3

Steam Name :

Post by RasKal<3 Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:11 pm

Yes, exactly. You see them active, you know they won't leave after getting free stuff. So after awhile, get friendly with them. Talk to them and ask them to join. A incentive for them will be 5credits. After you match up steam id and forum name.
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:07 pm

When I'm in the server I give out menial amounts of credits once in a while for a cool looking base, surviving beyond expectations, and other feat of awesomeness. I also do trivia occasionally but it doesn't seem to be that popular, but I still have fun with it so whateva.

In terms of getting people to PCSHOP we don't need to shower them with credits. Just talk to people it's that simple. If there's a cool sounding dude that plays once in a while then friend him on Steam and talk to him. Get others talking to him, and next thing you know he's applying to PCSHOP.

I do like the idea of giving credits for hoping by the forums we'll do that soon.

squareknot20
    squareknot20
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] DigitalStarfish

Post by squareknot20 Sun 27 Mar 2011, 9:27 pm

WHAT? I DIDNT GET ANY CREDITS FOR MY AMAZING TOWER OF GR8 JUSTISES! XD
    JIRK
    JIRK
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : JIRK
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012642492/home

Post by JIRK Sun 27 Mar 2011, 10:22 pm

ur penis isnt great square according to LOLSLUT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 1:05 am