PCShop Gaming Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the PCShop Gaming Community forum!
Modern Warfare 2 | Base Builder | Laser Tag | Jailbreak
[ Base Builder Zombie Mod ] - 68.232.164.155:27015
[ Modern Warfare 2 ] - 68.232.165.165:27015
[ Laser Tag ] - 68.232.163.10:27015
[ Jailbreak ] - 216.6.224.138:27015

I forgot my password

Donate / Purchase Admin

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums Btn_donateCC_LG

Latest topics

» ARE WE STILL ALIVE ?
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 12:22 pm by RadSavage

» HOLY SHIT
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptySat 26 Aug 2017, 5:31 am by Anon

» Well well...
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:40 am by Anon

» One Last Topic.
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:05 am by Rain.

» I don't know if people still use this thing but..
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by Streets

» Hi guys
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm by My Taylor Swift

» Would buy 1 or 2 servers
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 6:50 am by 5150kaboom

» Hi im new
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 11:37 am by strawberry face

» Just thought i would pop in to say hi
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm by oskarekziom

» Anon or Tirant
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:35 am by JIRK

» BF2 server
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm by eaturpye

» MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm by strawberry face

» 3 word story game
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm by morbid9567

» hello
Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm by morbid9567

Modern Warefare 2 Server

+11
Chop
JoM@m@
Infinity
Fuzzy Bear
Streets
junk
Anon
tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
RadSavage
KIller_Lord
j0p@p@
15 posters

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums Empty Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

Post by j0p@p@ Mon 01 Nov 2010, 4:19 pm

I think if Pcshop offers people X amount of credits to come sign up on the forums it would help bring more activity to the forums and help keep new people that come to the server, want to stay in the server. Same as MW2 server, offer XP to come sign up on forums. More people equals more fun Very Happy.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] Killer_lord
    [PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums Empty Re: Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

Post by KIller_Lord Mon 01 Nov 2010, 4:37 pm

that wouldnt be any good because then everyone that got that free exp/credits would complain. what im saying is people that already earned that stuff would be jelouse of new comeing people getting free 500-1k credits and like 5-10k exp
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums Empty Re: Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums

Post by j0p@p@ Mon 01 Nov 2010, 6:23 pm

This would more focused on new people to keep them in servers and get them to be active on the servers. There are lots of members that have played servers for long time and are rich that have not signed up in forums. And most that have already signed up on forums should be able to understand that we are trying to make this community grow. More people equals more fun equals more people to buy things for owners to make money.
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Steam Name : starcraftgod624
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/RadSavage

Post by RadSavage Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:41 am

This is brilliant and should have been done long ago.

The old people (in this case I'll use Killer_Lord as an appropriate example) could suck it up and stop bitching, and perhaps realize that despite the marginally meaningless drawbacks that come with this idea (ie you can't kill noobs as easily as before) are outweighed in every possible logical way by the advantages (both selfish, personal advantages and those that benefit the community as a whole)

Community Benefits:
    -More people visiting the site
    -More people getting involved with the community
    -More clan members etc.

Personal Benefits (new player):
    -Yay free exp omg this server is so much fun omg i can level shit up
    -Cycles into the community benefit of more people in the server.

Personal Benefits (experienced player):
    -More noobs in the servers
    -More exp for you, you selfish bastard.

If someone can offer one logical imperfection with this plan, let them speak.

EDIT: If it's really that much of a problem, everyone who is already on the forums could get a credit bonus to even out the scale.
    tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
    tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : tIdAL_WaVE.l|3-iKz-
    steamcommunity.com/id/2148820195835613

Post by tIdAL_WaVE.l|3 Tue 02 Nov 2010, 2:31 am

i for one think its a good idea... more people to kill for me :p
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Steam Name : Anonymous

Post by Anon Tue 02 Nov 2010, 2:56 am

RadSavage wrote:

And all the noobs tell their friends about us, and then they bring all their friends in, and those friends bring THEIR friends in, and THEIR FRIENDS bring THEIR FRIENDS etc. I couldn't agree more, and I brought this up a long time ago but for some reason it was ignored and I forgot about it till I saw this topic lol.
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Tue 02 Nov 2010, 4:23 am

Anon wrote:
    RadSavage wrote:

And all the noobs tell their friends about us, and then they bring all their friends in, and those friends bring THEIR friends in, and THEIR FRIENDS bring THEIR FRIENDS etc. I couldn't agree more, and I brought this up a long time ago but for some reason it was ignored and I forgot about it till I saw this topic lol.

and they bring their friends... and bf2 comes back!
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

[PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Tue 02 Nov 2010, 8:59 am

RadSavage wrote:This is brilliant and should have been done long ago.

The old people (in this case I'll use Killer_Lord as an appropriate example) could suck it up and stop bitching, and perhaps realize that despite the marginally meaningless drawbacks that come with this idea (ie you can't kill noobs as easily as before) are outweighed in every possible logical way by the advantages (both selfish, personal advantages and those that benefit the community as a whole)

Community Benefits:
    -More people visiting the site
    -More people getting involved with the community
    -More clan members etc.

-Cycles into the community benefit of more people in the server.

Personal Benefits (experienced player):
    -More noobs in the servers
    -More exp for you, you selfish bastard.

If someone can offer one logical imperfection with this plan, let them speak.

EDIT: If it's really that much of a problem, everyone who is already on the forums could get a credit bonus to even out the scale.

More new People = more rule breaking nubs with illegal bases more spawn killers xD
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Tue 02 Nov 2010, 9:53 am

[/quote]More new People = more rule breaking nubs with illegal bases more spawn killers xD[/quote]

So what your saying is we should not have new people in the servers cause the do not know the rules?? Guessing you came into the server knowing all the rules killer?? Everyone has got to learn sometime and if they come to forums they can check out the rules while they are here Smile. But got to get them to come to forums first.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

[PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:31 pm

the rules arnt up to date on either server thats my point Very Happy
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:40 pm

i agree but that is a whole other issue and kind of off topic for this post Smile. I am talking about helping the community grow. People will always brake rules even the vets that know the rules. I have seen it plenty.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

[PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Tue 02 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

i understand that Very Happy u guys just need to update the rules before u start doing that so it helps new commers understand better

anyways thats not too bad of an idea other than that part

Post by Guest Tue 02 Nov 2010, 3:23 pm

i think the bb admins should be active players that plays there alot the only active admin is jopapa. thats why people get to break the rules. i havnt seen gomer at bb for like 3 months. and hes the leader.
    junk
    junk
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : bushrat5150

Post by junk Thu 04 Nov 2010, 8:58 pm

Make it so once they post like 30 times, they get a certain amount of XP. If they post stupid stuff, delete it?
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Thu 04 Nov 2010, 9:31 pm

Ya that could be a nice extra bonus would help with activities in the forums. Would like to see a little response from a couple of the owners and people in charge though Very Happy. Like the idea or not i would like to know.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Thu 04 Nov 2010, 9:35 pm

Suggestion on how to bring more people to forums 65407

BTW way Rad. ^^^^ Best banner ever!!!! Very Happy^^^^
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Anon Thu 04 Nov 2010, 9:49 pm

j0p@p@ wrote:Ya that could be a nice extra bonus would help with activities in the forums. Would like to see a little response from a couple of the owners and people in charge though Very Happy. Like the idea or not i would like to know.

I already told you that I liked the idea... but I just forgot about it. Wouldn't be entirely too hard to implement, but upkeep and maintaining everyone getting their xp would require ridiculous man power (at some point) or at least a daily task to perform (perhaps weekly?) to check for individuals who graduated to the post count.... some sort of notification perhaps to admins... I"m not sure, have to work out those details, but I do like the idea. Just needs some work, I'm thinking on it too.
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Thu 04 Nov 2010, 11:31 pm

I think you can reward people for a lot of things in experience... signing up for the forums, introducing themselves, reaching a postcount, joining the community, catching a hacker, etc...

There's no need to get carried away though. My suggestion is an appropriately small exp bonus for creating their own introduction topic. This way they'll be forced to sign up, explore the forum a bit, and make a post. It'll make it easy for the people dishing out exp to keep track, and then if next time you see them in the server or on steam you say "thanks for posting on the forums" it'll be enough positive conditioning to get them hooked.

One possible alteration is to require that their intro reaches the second page or gets 10 replies (no double posting).

Careful with setting a high post count because if it's too much effort, the cost (namely time wasted that you could have been playing counter strike) will outweigh the benefit (small amount of experience).

If you want to implement this plan, then another small, important detail is that you should update your advertisements.ini so it tells people the real website XD
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Thu 04 Nov 2010, 11:59 pm

Anon i apologize i did not see you were a big dog and i appreciate your support with my idea. I am in BB server and check forums more then enough i could give credits accordingly but i don't know if i am trusted that much. When i first came to BB it was booming and i want to see that again. I can not help in the MW2 server cause i am not in there much but helping in BB would be no problem. having people make a intro is a perfect idea cause it is a perfect way to keep track of who gets credits/xp. Just got to make sure they specify which server they play so we know where to give the bonus

Last edited by j0p@p@ on Fri 05 Nov 2010, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Anon Fri 05 Nov 2010, 1:57 am

j0p@p@ wrote:Anon i apologize i did not see you were a big dog and i appreciate your support with my idea. I am in BB server on check forums more then enough i could give credits accordingly but i don't know if i am trusted that much. When i first came to BB it was booming and i want to see that again. I can not help in the MW2 server cause i am not in there much but helping in BB would be no problem. having people make a intro is a perfect idea cause it is a perfect way to keep track of who gets credits/xp. Just got to make sure they specify which server they play so we know where to give the bonus

Lol it's alright. I like the intro idea... but I'd have to find out to give out xp with them (if they aren't in the server) I know how, but I just have to find it (remember) lol.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Fri 05 Nov 2010, 11:00 pm

Ok so where do we go from here Anon??
    junk
    junk
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : bushrat5150

Post by junk Sat 06 Nov 2010, 6:58 am

if you set the amount of posts higher, like 50. you will have less people to deal with, less often. I'm not sure. Gotta get some more ideas in here
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Sat 06 Nov 2010, 1:01 pm

I think we should start with just getting people to sign up on forums and introduce themselves. Keep it simple and get the community to grow and maybe if all goes well add extra bonuses for X number of post and what not.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

[PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Sun 07 Nov 2010, 11:42 am

the only way you guys are gonna get people on the fourms is if u people recruit Very Happy go to small groups pm everyone saying pcshop is looking for members sign up here blah blah blah.

Hey guys i just found out a great way to keep new players in base builder long have tirant Code Bank_crete where u can store credits, make credits off intrest in the bank, transfer credits to those who need them to buy stuff "mostly new people" and have them there just to have them Very Happy

every map u go to u start with like 50 credits in the frist round start.
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Post by j0p@p@ Mon 08 Nov 2010, 9:38 pm

We get new people in the server all the time. The point is to get there interest and keep it so that play in there servers. finding pcshop member is easy cause once people get into the community they are hooked and desire to be a pcshop member. My interest is to populate servers and and have more forum activity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 11:54 am