PCShop Gaming Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the PCShop Gaming Community forum!
Modern Warfare 2 | Base Builder | Laser Tag | Jailbreak
[ Base Builder Zombie Mod ] - 68.232.164.155:27015
[ Modern Warfare 2 ] - 68.232.165.165:27015
[ Laser Tag ] - 68.232.163.10:27015
[ Jailbreak ] - 216.6.224.138:27015

I forgot my password

Donate / Purchase Admin

Why base builder is dead - Page 2 Btn_donateCC_LG

Latest topics

» ARE WE STILL ALIVE ?
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 12:22 pm by RadSavage

» HOLY SHIT
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Aug 2017, 5:31 am by Anon

» Well well...
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:40 am by Anon

» One Last Topic.
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:05 am by Rain.

» I don't know if people still use this thing but..
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by Streets

» Hi guys
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm by My Taylor Swift

» Would buy 1 or 2 servers
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 6:50 am by 5150kaboom

» Hi im new
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 11:37 am by strawberry face

» Just thought i would pop in to say hi
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm by oskarekziom

» Anon or Tirant
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:35 am by JIRK

» BF2 server
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm by eaturpye

» MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm by strawberry face

» 3 word story game
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm by morbid9567

» hello
Why base builder is dead - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm by morbid9567

Modern Warefare 2 Server

+13
JoM@m@
laughyguy
5150kaboom
sirvalence
j0p@p@
Ki-Lier
Fuzzy Bear
dez
Anon
LOLWUT
RasKal
strawberry face
Gomer Pyle
17 posters

Why base builder is dead

Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Steam Name : Anonymous

Why base builder is dead - Page 2 Empty Re: Why base builder is dead

Post by Anon Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:36 am

5150kaboom wrote:^^^ I Love it.. These rules are easy enough to follow and easy to enforce, but more importantly gives new players a chance to get into bases that are otherwise impossible to get into if you are a new bee (I.E. 99block entrances where new players just give up right away out of frustration and in some cases don't even believe it's possible to get in) Big Ups to JoPapa! I really believe that with these rules we can get the server back to normal population and maybe even beyond.

I agree. Those are pretty much the old school BB rules that I started with (even before I was in pcshop) I really believe in K.I.S.S. you know?

laughyguy
    laughyguy

Steam Name : Stevetheman_7

Post by laughyguy Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

5150kaboom wrote:

The rules must be changed..
    1. NO MORE 99 BLOCK ENTRANCES (no obstacles at tunnel entrances)
    2. NO Obstacles on Airbases / Back to 2 per airbase

Anyone can think of anything else to add to this list? To be honest I think those two rule changes would pretty much fix the server pop. New players who have never even seen BB can come play and have a fair chance.

I agree with what everyone is saying. I especially like this one as i was thinking about this the whole time i was reading everyones comments.

I'm not very known around BB
    But i have been playing since pretty much the beginning, not the beginning, but around there.

See the thing is I do play a lot. I know all about 99 black entrances, and for me its easy to get into. I just find that when i base with a newbie, they can't get in and i feel so bad. I remember the tunnels with no tricky entrances, and all you did was crouch to enter. you never worried about dieing before the time finished because it was simple to get in, all you needed was to make sure it was all closed up and possible.
    So i do agree with what you said, but as everyone else said, that takes away a lot of room for creativity. Thus, people get bored. I don't believe this is a very easy fix, yet i don't believe its complicated. I'm more than happy seeing everyone working together trying to get BB back in action.

What ever we do we should act fast, because we can. Its summer, anyone who has no job and is in school probably has a lot more time on their hands. Plus no one is really excessively playing BB at the moment, or in the near future, thus it gives us a chance to change BB, even if it means taking down the server for a bit. In the long run we will get more people.

My idea for tunnels is, maybe we can make it that if you do have 99 block entrance, we could make it a rule to make it jump-able, but at the same time having a rule to limit the amount of pieces.

Just my thoughts hope anything is useful.
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

Post by LOLWUT Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:44 pm

j0p@p@ wrote:How about the rules look something like this? Please leave comments and thoughts for changes or dislikes for what i did. But i wanted to put down what i feel the rules should look like.

#1 All bases must have at least one way in/out. No inaccessible bases.
    -----a. Meaning I should be able to get in and out of your base without having to boost

#2 All bases must touch the ground, meaning:
    -----a. You must stay above the blocks supporting your base
    -----b. Breaking this rule is called Island camping "made this change cause i think the wall should count as the ground making jump bases a little easier to make"

#3 Do not block zombie spawn, including
    -----a. No preventing zombies from leaving
    -----b. No tunnels, mazes or making it difficult to get out

#4 Absolutely no building in the survivor spawn area. This includes:
    -----a. Placing pieces and then /fixspawn 'ing to be unreachable (See rule #1)
    -----b. Placing pieces to abuse the ct spawn force field.

#5 Do not touch other players pieces.
    -----a. If they are actively building a base do not take them.
    -----b. If they've built a base, do not destroy their base.

#5.1 Tunnels can't be longer than 3 medium pieces long. Non-jumping tunnels can't be longer than two. Air bases can be as tall as the map permits.

#5.2 Obstacles on air bases and ground entrances are not permited. "To make bases more bearable to do"

#5.3 No KZ bases. This means no strafe jumps. Long jumps are permited. "I think long jumps should be permited cause almost everyone can long jump but strafe jumps are a lot harder"

#5.4 No "surf" bases. These are ½ tunnels that take FOREVER to get through.

#5.5 Bases can not share the same entrance. This includes tunnels and stairs to tree-houses.

#5.6 No blocking bases. Tunnels or other bases where only one zombie at a time can go in.

#5.7 Air and ground bases share the same ratio for how many can be in/on them. "To balance for no obstacles"

#6 Number of CT's per base will not exceed more than one-third the number of zombies at round start. This is when the build time is up, at ~6:30 Example:

-----a. If there are 9, 10 11 zombies, only 3 CT's per base. Round down, not up.

-----b. Exceptions can be if there are fewer than 6 per team 3 , 9 zombies / 2 = CT's allowed per base.Round down, not up.

-----c. the # per base is non negotiable. I dont care if your arent shooting, 3 means 3.

#7 No moving blocks off the map. (We understand that accidents happen.) This is a perm ban offense.

#8 No putting pieces on players so they can't move.

#9 No FreeJumping. Zombies must go after the CT's, not plan their bases, jump around aimlessly, go AFK or try to climb up/into abandoned bases (unless these bases have a way into another base) --this includes tea partying -aka- zombies not killing CT's and vice versa when in their base under normal circumstances.

#9.1 Do not kill yourself. Don't do this to avoid getting killed by the opposite team.

#9.2 No reconnecting to get yourself on survivors team the next round. Yes it sucks when you die right away, it just means you have to do better. Sometimes the server will kick you for "Reason: Z" and that's fine, just connect again but don't keep reconnecting to get on your team. If an admin is present ask them to switch you. Excessive reconnecting is a banable offense.

#10 Be respectful of your fellow players. No excessive swearing, no spamming the mic or text.

#11 Be respectful of the admins. They're there to help you.

Not a lot of changes but i think it will make a big difference.

Rule 9.1 personally needs a removal. I never knew it existed NOR does it need to be there. Two reasons why...One; It's super duper tough in the first place to suicide when either your CT or Zombie...Having a hail of bullets shooting at you while you attempt to jump off a structure is pretty hard. If your CT...Same thing AND friendly fire from the grenades/weapons isn't turned on. Reason two; There is an achievement already in place that if you kill yourself X times you gain credits....Ban someone for completing an achievement. OKAYYYY Very Happy!...

Other than that...APPROVAL! :O

laughyguy wrote:
    5150kaboom wrote:

The rules must be changed..
    1. NO MORE 99 BLOCK ENTRANCES (no obstacles at tunnel entrances)
    2. NO Obstacles on Airbases / Back to 2 per airbase

Anyone can think of anything else to add to this list? To be honest I think those two rule changes would pretty much fix the server pop. New players who have never even seen BB can come play and have a fair chance.

I agree with what everyone is saying. I especially like this one as i was thinking about this the whole time i was reading everyones comments.

I'm not very known around BB
    But i have been playing since pretty much the beginning, not the beginning, but around there.

See the thing is I do play a lot. I know all about 99 black entrances, and for me its easy to get into. I just find that when i base with a newbie, they can't get in and i feel so bad. I remember the tunnels with no tricky entrances, and all you did was crouch to enter. you never worried about dieing before the time finished because it was simple to get in, all you needed was to make sure it was all closed up and possible.
    So i do agree with what you said, but as everyone else said, that takes away a lot of room for creativity. Thus, people get bored. I don't believe this is a very easy fix, yet i don't believe its complicated. I'm more than happy seeing everyone working together trying to get BB back in action.

What ever we do we should act fast, because we can. Its summer, anyone who has no job and is in school probably has a lot more time on their hands. Plus no one is really excessively playing BB at the moment, or in the near future, thus it gives us a chance to change BB, even if it means taking down the server for a bit. In the long run we will get more people.

My idea for tunnels is, maybe we can make it that if you do have 99 block entrance, we could make it a rule to make it jump-able, but at the same time having a rule to limit the amount of pieces.

Just my thoughts hope anything is useful.

good connection there. Agreeable for sure.

Fuzzy Bear
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Steam Name : fuzzy bear

Post by Fuzzy Bear Tue 21 Jun 2011, 6:11 pm

lolwut you suck, what about ct who are about to die and fell off their airbase so that they dont get caught or people who leave the server before they get killed, i ve seen that happend.
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

Post by LOLWUT Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:25 pm

Leaving the server is a bannable offense in my books before death. Thats not allowed personally. When you dive off your base last second, its extreamly tough, but involves talent. I've seen both situations happen myself too.
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Anon Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:36 am

Yeah, disconnecting is not something I allow either.
    Just not fun for the zombies who FINALLY get to your base at the last 30 seconds (after trying all round) and they don't even get the satisfaction of killing you? seriously? No.

lol.
    5150kaboom
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

Post by 5150kaboom Wed 22 Jun 2011, 5:50 am

Well with all this talk about killing yourself i have to weigh in.. LOLWAT brings up a good point about the achievement for killing yourself, which i totally forgot about. But that is a kind of weird achievement right!??? lol.. YOU should absolutely NOT kill yourself last second to avoid death by zombie, That's just fucked up, plain and simple.. That being said I have died a handful of times jumping of my airbase to avoid zombie death, BUT!!!!, I always have my eye on my HP and when jumping and am assuming i will make it and outrun the zombies lol! If i die when i jump it's cause I judged the jump/hp badly and just happened to die. So this happens sometimes... again it's only happened to me a handful of times..
    All that being said I think the Rule should stay in affect, DO NOT KILL YOURSELF TO AVOID ZOMBIE DEATH.
    dez
    dez
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : dez

Post by dez Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:33 am

Why would someone kill themselves or d/c right before a zombie kills them?

Is it to avoid giving the zombie credit or is it because of the /rank factor?

I don't understand the mindset. I gladly accept zombification when warranted.
    5150kaboom
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

Post by 5150kaboom Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

OK so can we get those new rules jopapa listed in affect!!! I'm sick of an empty BB server.. we need to do something now! With no more 99 block entrances new players can come in and actually play without getting pissed and leaving without ever returning... Lets do this people.. Fun
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Anon Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:10 pm

Bump for more input.

I would like to have more opinions on the current rule set before putting it into effect.
    5150kaboom
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

Post by 5150kaboom Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

I think we need a new post with a vote or something.. Global announcement of some sort..
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

Post by LOLWUT Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

I vouch for those new rules... -.-...
    JoM@m@
    JoM@m@

Steam Name : jOm@m@ <3

Post by JoM@m@ Sun 03 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

i think these rules are a good change for the server Smile hoping *fingers cross* more ppl come with the change
    add oil [no sound]
    add oil [no sound]
    Occasional Member
    Occasional Member

Post by add oil [no sound] Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

hi everybody!
    I haven't played bb in god knows how long because i've been too busy playing League of Legends =D (add me: mr aons Very Happy) but I come across forums every now and then and thought I'd add something and that i kinda forgot my steam password LOL. Back when bb just started, bases were simple, yet still manageable! What made it fun, in my opinion, wasn't so much the creativity, it was the teamwork it took to make such a simple 2 tunnel base, work. Yeah sure some people weren't all that great and messed up the shooting rotations, but it was fun.

Creativity is also fun, creating new bases and what not, but its hard to make new bases without them being illegal. Now, I'm not dissing the rules in any way, I totally agree with all of them, but for me, creativity didn't keep me in the game.

When I first started, all guns were up for grabs and there was only one kind of zombie which had 2000hp. None of this credit/buying stuff that made people, unfortunately like me (I admit i was part of the problem..), start making bs bases with those stupid entrances and those tight corners to edge around on the treehouse. Yeah, I got greedy, BUT I truly believe that although credits are a good idea, it creates a kind of situation in which people are working rather than playing for credits. - well for me at least

Although I'm a fan of looking into the future and improving, looking at the history of this server from as long as I've been playing, there's a noticeable difference. In the past, there were 2k hp zombies, and free guns; on the other hand, now, there's a credit system with different zombie classes. Difference being the server population. What if all these changes were what drove everyone away? I think I've suggested this before, but there was some vote thing going on and nobody else wanted to "backtrack." Do you guys think that things could turn around (in the positive direction) if we made basebuilder what it was when it first started? All guns free, 2k hp zombies, no credits, simple 2 tunnel bases.

That may sound boring, but rather than concentrating on creativity, we can concentrate on enjoying the fact that even though your base was exactly the same as your neighbors, you and your teammate held out the longest. That has always been satisfying enough for me when I played bb. Very Happy
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

Post by LOLWUT Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

add oil [no sound] wrote:hi everybody!
    I haven't played bb in god knows how long because i've been too busy playing League of Legends =D (add me: mr aons Very Happy) but I come across forums every now and then and thought I'd add something and that i kinda forgot my steam password LOL. Back when bb just started, bases were simple, yet still manageable! What made it fun, in my opinion, wasn't so much the creativity, it was the teamwork it took to make such a simple 2 tunnel base, work. Yeah sure some people weren't all that great and messed up the shooting rotations, but it was fun.

Creativity is also fun, creating new bases and what not, but its hard to make new bases without them being illegal. Now, I'm not dissing the rules in any way, I totally agree with all of them, but for me, creativity didn't keep me in the game.

When I first started, all guns were up for grabs and there was only one kind of zombie which had 2000hp. None of this credit/buying stuff that made people, unfortunately like me (I admit i was part of the problem..), start making bs bases with those stupid entrances and those tight corners to edge around on the treehouse. Yeah, I got greedy, BUT I truly believe that although credits are a good idea, it creates a kind of situation in which people are working rather than playing for credits. - well for me at least

Although I'm a fan of looking into the future and improving, looking at the history of this server from as long as I've been playing, there's a noticeable difference. In the past, there were 2k hp zombies, and free guns; on the other hand, now, there's a credit system with different zombie classes. Difference being the server population. What if all these changes were what drove everyone away? I think I've suggested this before, but there was some vote thing going on and nobody else wanted to "backtrack." Do you guys think that things could turn around (in the positive direction) if we made basebuilder what it was when it first started? All guns free, 2k hp zombies, no credits, simple 2 tunnel bases.

That may sound boring, but rather than concentrating on creativity, we can concentrate on enjoying the fact that even though your base was exactly the same as your neighbors, you and your teammate held out the longest. That has always been satisfying enough for me when I played bb. Very Happy

Je suis adore. (lmao)...I was one of the big fans when BB was easy and simple. Thats why I liked walmarts BB>Tirants at the time. (No offense) lol.

I'll be sure to add you Addoil! Very Happy
    trip`
    trip`
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Steam Name : t r i p`
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964085620

Post by trip` Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

haven't played in forever but even if the rules change, if no people are playing then how will they see that the rules changed?

the solution is simple:

PCSHOP EVENT
    let's get this rollin
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@

Post by j0p@p@ Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:14 pm

Bump
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@

Post by j0p@p@ Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:26 pm

So where do we stand on this subject? I think anyone who has a opinion on base builder has spoke it. And if we do make the rule change i think we should have a announcement in the server saying rules have changed. Trips idea to have some kind of event would help a lot.
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

Post by LOLWUT Sat 16 Jul 2011, 2:34 pm

Lets get this rolling then, I've been waiting a week or two. lol. announcement?
    Fuzzy Bear
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Post by Fuzzy Bear Sun 17 Jul 2011, 1:26 am

me too, lets do an event BUT PLEASE DO IT we have to get united at least once
    Anon
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Anon Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:18 pm

I will take another look at this when I get back and set something up. Just got a hot date tonight and then I'll take care of this in the morning haha Razz But srsly, someone send me a message on steam so I won't forget this shit lol.
    Fuzzy Bear
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Post by Fuzzy Bear Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:23 am

OMG and what happend to your GF? well if you score tonight let us know =)
    LOLWUT
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

Post by LOLWUT Mon 18 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

^Creep. lol.
    iHORE
    iHORE

Steam Name : iHORE

Post by iHORE Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:16 pm

I play randomly by myself I just build until someone joins then I get bored lol.
    5150kaboom
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

Post by 5150kaboom Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:49 pm

ATTENTION: NEW RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED IN BB SERVER!!

Thanks to Anon for updating the server and everyone here who helped..

Please check this link for our upcoming BB EVENT details: https://pcsgaming.forumotion.com/t3463-bb-get-together

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:09 am