PCShop Gaming Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the PCShop Gaming Community forum!
Modern Warfare 2 | Base Builder | Laser Tag | Jailbreak
[ Base Builder Zombie Mod ] - 68.232.164.155:27015
[ Modern Warfare 2 ] - 68.232.165.165:27015
[ Laser Tag ] - 68.232.163.10:27015
[ Jailbreak ] - 216.6.224.138:27015

I forgot my password

Donate / Purchase Admin

[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day Btn_donateCC_LG

Latest topics

» ARE WE STILL ALIVE ?
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 12:22 pm by RadSavage

» HOLY SHIT
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptySat 26 Aug 2017, 5:31 am by Anon

» Well well...
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:40 am by Anon

» One Last Topic.
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:05 am by Rain.

» I don't know if people still use this thing but..
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by Streets

» Hi guys
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm by My Taylor Swift

» Would buy 1 or 2 servers
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 6:50 am by 5150kaboom

» Hi im new
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 11:37 am by strawberry face

» Just thought i would pop in to say hi
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm by oskarekziom

» Anon or Tirant
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:35 am by JIRK

» BF2 server
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm by eaturpye

» MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm by strawberry face

» 3 word story game
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm by morbid9567

» hello
[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm by morbid9567

Modern Warefare 2 Server

+2
Tirant
Cyberjunkie
6 posters

[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day

Cyberjunkie
    Forum Member

[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day Empty Some mod ideas for z-day

Post by Cyberjunkie Thu 29 Oct 2009, 3:01 am

Hi first I initionally posted in your old forum but a "Guest" pointed me here (thanks) but anyway playing on z-day (zombie mod) I have some recomendations to make the game better

1.) the zombies especailly the torso guys need atleast 100 more hp & drop anti-grav by 10 or so (I think tirant added some hp awile back that was cool;)

2.) el_gigante needs to have scaleable hp say from 25k - 100K or have a twin based on the no. of players so in other words add say 8 hp for each extra player to max of 100k or double him at 10 players or more & maybe if this works out the regular zombies could follow suite and also relize scaleable hp as well

3.) slaying Ole' El should bring some type of reward (besides conquring the giant) perhaps 100 points to the first person to do so. or maye extra player hp the next rnd?

4.) during tirants last update (don't know if that was intentional but I saw skywalking zombies really flying bots would be fun [that way camping on a crate would still have it's risks])

5.) some new maps please & more maps in general (preferablly very dark and scary w/ alot of places for zombies to lurk, maybe a prision or the like would be nice [but as dark as possible is the key] I'd like players to be able to vote on maps as is the case in other servers if that wont mess up your mods.

6.) more zombies (I know too many will lagg but still I would think that 50 & up per map is a good starting point [24 barley gets me started] I would like to see upto 200 but 124 max or so as it's now, is ok as well

would be cool to see any or all off these changes for Halloween Special,
    please retain "self-heal" & "full clip"

btw, other servers tend to ban awps & please keep yours open to them, anyway I like the changes thus far & look forward to more updates overall you got a great setup! KUTGW, Dan
    Tirant
    Tirant
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Steam Name : piratetirant

[solved]Some mod ideas for z-day Empty Re: [solved]Some mod ideas for z-day

Post by Tirant Mon 02 Nov 2009, 10:58 pm

Cyberjunkie wrote:Hi first I initionally posted in your old forum but a "Guest" pointed me here (thanks) but anyway playing on z-day (zombie mod) I have some recomendations to make the game better

1.) the zombies especailly the torso guys need atleast 100 more hp & drop anti-grav by 10 or so (I think tirant added some hp awile back that was cool;)

2.) el_gigante needs to have scaleable hp say from 25k - 100K or have a twin based on the no. of players so in other words add say 8 hp for each extra player to max of 100k or double him at 10 players or more & maybe if this works out the regular zombies could follow suite and also relize scaleable hp as well

3.) slaying Ole' El should bring some type of reward (besides conquring the giant) perhaps 100 points to the first person to do so. or maye extra player hp the next rnd?

4.) during tirants last update (don't know if that was intentional but I saw skywalking zombies really flying bots would be fun [that way camping on a crate would still have it's risks])

5.) some new maps please & more maps in general (preferablly very dark and scary w/ alot of places for zombies to lurk, maybe a prision or the like would be nice [but as dark as possible is the key] I'd like players to be able to vote on maps as is the case in other servers if that wont mess up your mods.

6.) more zombies (I know too many will lagg but still I would think that 50 & up per map is a good starting point [24 barley gets me started] I would like to see upto 200 but 124 max or so as it's now, is ok as well

would be cool to see any or all off these changes for Halloween Special,
    please retain "self-heal" & "full clip"

btw, other servers tend to ban awps & please keep yours open to them, anyway I like the changes thus far & look forward to more updates overall you got a great setup! KUTGW, Dan

Hi,

Firstly, I love the feedback. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier but I don't really check up on the mod as much anymore because I've been really busy with life. I like some of your ideas, but I need time to implement them. I would be more involved but if you haven't already noticed, the z-day section on these forums isn't necessarily popular. Anyways, I'll shoot through your ideas in order.
    Adding and removing hp is always on the table to try and get a more balanced mod. I just never get around to doing so. I have been working on more classes, but I just never get around to adding them mostly because the community is very small. I don't understand if you mean adding more zombies spawned at once, or total zombies. Right now it's all based off of a formula. I believe it's like 20 + 15x where x = num of players at the begging of the round, so with a full server that's i think 230ish. That's easily modded with a cvar I made. More bots on hte map at once would cause stability issues and lag. CS + NPCs (or bots) = laggggy. I have no idea by that you mean about skywalking zombies, I assume you mean the boss when he jumped, it was just a bug. Somebody thought up a ghost zombie a while back that would have noclip, but I never got to try him out. I think it would be very difficult to kill, but probably fun at the same time. I would love to try it some day. If i get a bigger community of course. As for maps, I am always looking for new maps that I can make or add. It depends on how I think they will work with the bots. Same deal here is with the small community issue on why I haven't really done them. I don't really get bored off the current maps only because I play them at will and every time I try something besides camping. As for making maps, It all depends on the mood I'm in and if I get inspired somehow (tv or something, last weekend I made a black hawk down map because I watched the movie and our version sucked). Last weekend I started to experiment more with the fog effect. That to me plays a major roll in the gameplay. I want to find a few good settings and rotate them every week or so. I don't like what other servers do with their environment, I am going for more fo a gloomy horror-flick type thing. I am really trying to find a partner(s) and build a community so ppl don't just have to wait on me to do things but will know how to do it themselves. I am trying to get my mod on the internet, but I havn't found the time. Sorry for this long post, I tent to rant when I am talkinga bout things I have a lot to say about Razz.

P.s. as for boss rewards. I always wanted to do something like that but the rank system is 100% separate from the zday mod. I kinda wanted to have a zombie kill counter for ppl, like you've killed x of x zombie, x of another zombies, etc etc.
    kallusive
    kallusive
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Post by kallusive Wed 04 Nov 2009, 2:23 pm

i feel like im the only pcshop member tht play this mod..its so fun Very Happy

sometimes when i respawn with the guns, i dont get nightvision. when i die and respawn, then i get nightvision.

whats up with that? it might just be me right?
    GotMilk?

Steam Name : Got Milk?

Post by GotMilk? Wed 04 Nov 2009, 7:30 pm

kallusive wrote:i feel like im the only pcshop member tht play this mod..its so fun Very Happy

sometimes when i respawn with the guns, i dont get nightvision. when i die and respawn, then i get nightvision.

whats up with that? it might just be me right?

Ya can someone explain how the revive nightvision works? because sometimes you revive with and without it and i play DotD too
    Tirant
    Tirant
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Tirant Thu 05 Nov 2009, 1:11 am

It's a bug that I never fixed in the code. I need to, but it never bothers me because I don't use nvg (pussy shit), I just wanted to make it available to those people who have shitty monitors. The way it is coded now I think is that you have to be respawned via the countdown timer way. So you won't ahve it on new rounds, you have to die first.
    GotMilk?

Post by GotMilk? Thu 05 Nov 2009, 6:14 pm

ooo i c .... but sometimes when i press the "n" button rite? it works but sometimes it doesn't is that part of the coding problem?
    Cyberjunkie
    Forum Member

Post by Cyberjunkie Fri 06 Nov 2009, 7:22 am

Hey tirant, what I meant was to start spawn w/ say atleast 50 even if you're alone & swell up to say 200 or so when there plenty of players I never saw more zombies than 124 tho, & yeah I know all about compatability issues maps & stuff, anyway I was back there & I like the darker mod (maybe just a tad too dark as I see alot off players not sticking 'rnd long enough fine by me ~thanks~ but maybe 1/5 more light for them so as to just barley see where you are going),
    the skywalking zombie was the chainsaw fellow as if he was on another level seemed like 2 guys tall & crouched, probeblly a bug but gave me an idea
    what do you mean small? I see some 20 new faces daily ~ we are huge! but most people don't stick around long enough & get discourged, so maybe something like "newbie mod" which might pull out the stops w/ 500 hp or something for first timers for say 3 or 4 rnds, just an idea to ponder
    ahh boss bug, bummer Wink that be cool though I read that post about the ghost noclip, hey that be fine by me for a try ("votes please")
    basiclly anything creepier & drop your popcorn kind of thing is a plus, & I really like how you keep it fresh (unlike alot of servers that have stale maps/mods, not to mention jerky admins =)
    I gotta say you know alot about modding and scripting (me mostly html web design code values, you know stuff like that but mapping, etc., is a different animal. I assume Zm_maps are your creation? if so; malls a work of art! keep it up!
    Cyberjunkie
    Forum Member

Post by Cyberjunkie Fri 06 Nov 2009, 7:27 am

btw how many servers u got?
    GotMilk?

Post by GotMilk? Fri 06 Nov 2009, 10:36 am

they got like 5 server i think ...
    Tirant
    Tirant
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Tirant Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:28 am

I dunno how many servers we got. Last I heard was 3 (bf2, zday, superhero). I don't have a lot of time to address all of your post but... yes, the zs_ maps are mine, I've made them or converted them from hl2. ZS = zombie survival, that was what i originally called the mod and then i changed it, i've just decided to stick with the name. Mapping isn't really too hard for me, it's actually fun when u ge ta good idea. Maybe we would have a discussion on how man zombies you guys want in a round. I can change it no problem, I just thought that shorter rounds and enough time for the boss was essential. Maybe you dun want to fight the boss to often and maybe working to kill the round fast to fight the boss is what you want? I can change the amount np. The light level is unchangeable. The fog is what you mean I think. I can either lighten the fog or thicken it. I dunno though because it runs fine for me, i like it dark, more fun.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] Killer_lord
    [PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Sat 07 Nov 2009, 11:10 am

Your Dawn Of The Dead server has been popular lately alot of people join when theres other players there for a long time and thats why im saying add it so theres 150+ zombies to kill in the server because alone theres only 15-20 and that can't give no one high badges like shotgun para and smg. anyway u should try it ur server could get more populated that way as for the 150+ zombies the zombies last zombies would be the boss after ur done with the 150.
    kallusive
    kallusive
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Post by kallusive Sat 07 Nov 2009, 1:54 pm

Tirant wrote:It's a bug that I never fixed in the code. I need to, but it never bothers me because I don't use nvg (pussy shit), I just wanted to make it available to those people who have shitty monitors. The way it is coded now I think is that you have to be respawned via the countdown timer way. So you won't ahve it on new rounds, you have to die first.

HAha i cic. i play on a laptop so i need the nightvision cuz i play @ work and theres a lot of lights so the monitor glares lol.
    Tirant
    Tirant
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Tirant Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:00 pm

ic, I'll look into the coding and see if I can fix it somehow. Right now it's all formula-based.
    Code:
    extra_tickets = (num_bots - 1)
    g_TotalZombies = (g_TeamTickets * num_players)
    tickets = (g_TotalZombies - g_Respawns) + extra_tickets

Basically, the extra tickets makes it so that it counts the currently spawned zombies in counter even though they are already spawned. The g_TeamTickets is a cvar variable that I can change which multiples with the num_players (non-zombies) on the current round. This number then gets the respawns left subtracted from it to = the counter #. I have this method set this way to add functionality as well as try and make the game balanced for more players as well as less. It's not fun to try and kill 150 zombies alone, i've tried it before. Anyways, that being said, I can change the number and add a higher level of difficulty if you guys would like. I believe now it is set at 14 or 15, we can probably try 20 or 25, but keep in mind that means you'll have to kill 1.5-2x the zombies.
    Tirant
    Tirant
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Tirant Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:02 pm

Btw, I'm going to try and get some work done on the mod today. I'm going to see if I can get us another zombie, the leaper, but I may change him into a charger seeing as the crawler is kinda a leaper. I just hope I can get his coding right so the bot will work right. I may also do some testing on a no clip zombie later, but I think it will either fail or be to good. If he is too good I can try and reduce his dmg a lot. I'll also look onto changing the health of the zombies. I might try to add in a random method where instead of predefined numbers for their healths they will vary. So the crawlers hps will be 350-450 or something.
    Tirant
    Tirant
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

Post by Tirant Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:15 pm

Try typing nightvision ingame, I think that give you nightvision Razz.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

[PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:22 pm

Thanks but a zombie with no clip will totally fail and make others leave in seconds because we wont be able to see it or hit it unless if it can only go threw certain walls like if u can make it so it cant go underground so it can only go threw walls not grounds
    kallusive
    kallusive
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Post by kallusive Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:59 pm

thanks Tirant Very Happy
    ill try it haha
    Cyberjunkie
    Forum Member

Post by Cyberjunkie Sun 08 Nov 2009, 9:23 pm

Loosing count on servers huh? lol.. anyway I persoanally wouldn't mind like 500 zombies rushing on compound, prone at tearing my guts out, alone w/a scout but I guess thats just me I guess =)
    GotMilk?

Post by GotMilk? Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:18 am

u should make it like 30 zombies coming at u once... it might lag but it can help u with ur reaction
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

[PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:39 pm

agreed
    SeanPwns
    Forum Member

Post by SeanPwns Fri 13 Nov 2009, 12:36 am

i always play this server when bf2 gets boring which is somewhat often because ive been playing it for so long. anyway, i dont know if this will go against what you want the server to be(just players killing zombies) but MAYBE, just maybe, you can let a few people be zombies because it would be cool to be el gigante and the other zombies ofcourse. it might not be possible because i dont know much about constructing a zombie mod but i thought i'd just ask

oh yeah forgot to add, maybe you can call it a left 4 dead server instead of dotd because its more popular than dotd being that they just came out with #2. maybe more people will come
    Cyberjunkie
    Forum Member

Post by Cyberjunkie Thu 26 Nov 2009, 6:21 pm

cool!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 9:48 am