PCShop Gaming Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the PCShop Gaming Community forum!
Modern Warfare 2 | Base Builder | Laser Tag | Jailbreak
[ Base Builder Zombie Mod ] - 68.232.164.155:27015
[ Modern Warfare 2 ] - 68.232.165.165:27015
[ Laser Tag ] - 68.232.163.10:27015
[ Jailbreak ] - 216.6.224.138:27015

I forgot my password

Donate / Purchase Admin

suggestion about spec and green admin chat Btn_donateCC_LG

Latest topics

» ARE WE STILL ALIVE ?
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 12:22 pm by RadSavage

» HOLY SHIT
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptySat 26 Aug 2017, 5:31 am by Anon

» Well well...
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:40 am by Anon

» One Last Topic.
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 2:05 am by Rain.

» I don't know if people still use this thing but..
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by Streets

» Hi guys
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm by My Taylor Swift

» Would buy 1 or 2 servers
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 6:50 am by 5150kaboom

» Hi im new
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 11:37 am by strawberry face

» Just thought i would pop in to say hi
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm by oskarekziom

» Anon or Tirant
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyMon 24 Dec 2012, 3:35 am by JIRK

» BF2 server
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm by eaturpye

» MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm by strawberry face

» 3 word story game
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm by morbid9567

» hello
suggestion about spec and green admin chat EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm by morbid9567

Modern Warefare 2 Server

+4
Zillerz
RadSavage
tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
sirvalence
8 posters

suggestion about spec and green admin chat

sirvalence
    sirvalence
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Steam Name : sirvalence
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirvalence

suggestion about spec and green admin chat Empty suggestion about spec and green admin chat

Post by sirvalence Sat 27 Nov 2010, 12:42 am

why is it that only admins can go spec? if im a hacker and admins are the only ones who can spec of course im going to toggle off while someone is in spec

and also if i were to be a hacker and i seen some one typing in green words im going to be a little more careful on when i toggle my hacks on i believe that admins would catch more hackers if everyone would be able to spec and if admins did not have green chat
    tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
    tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : tIdAL_WaVE.l|3-iKz-
    steamcommunity.com/id/2148820195835613

suggestion about spec and green admin chat Empty Re: suggestion about spec and green admin chat

Post by tIdAL_WaVE.l|3 Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:41 am

i agree it would also help us out with regulars specing and submitting demos for us to catch hackers when were not on
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Steam Name : starcraftgod624
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/RadSavage

suggestion about spec and green admin chat Empty Re: suggestion about spec and green admin chat

Post by RadSavage Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:48 am

everyone should be able to spec to gain hackers or just idle the server that makes sense.

However I think we should also make it obvious that there are admins in the servers. It's easier to deter hackers than secretly catch all of them. Green text, /admin, and just getting to know who the admins are is the way to deter people.

A lot of hackers also assume that you are admin if you're wearing the tag of whatever clan is hosting the server, so just being in there as a PCSHOP member you are keeping hacks from being used in the server.
    Zillerz
    Zillerz
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : Zillerz3

Post by Zillerz Sat 27 Nov 2010, 2:31 am

RadSavage wrote:everyone should be able to spec to gain hackers or just idle the server that makes sense.

Pros: anyone gets to catch hackers

Cons: -Easy to detect for the hacker when they join spec (suspecting that they're recording a demo) therefore action #1 is to leave the server, change name and come back clean.
    -Some people can leave an account hanging on spec and screen watch other people if you're in a normal pub server. same thing can happen in cod mod even tho its useless for me, its just me.
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Sat 27 Nov 2010, 3:30 am

The point is nobody will hack if there's someone in spec.
    pa.p.er
    pa.p.er
    Honorary Poster
    Honorary Poster

Post by pa.p.er Sat 27 Nov 2010, 7:10 am

Zillerz wrote:Pros: anyone gets to catch hackers
    Cons: -Easy to detect for the hacker when they join spec (suspecting that they're recording a demo) therefore action #1 is to leave the server, change name and come back clean.
    -Some people can leave an account hanging on spec and screen watch other people if you're in a normal pub server. same thing can happen in cod mod even tho its useless for me, its just me.
    If they come back clean, then hey, what the hell, get em later. If you suspect someone is hacking, type 'status' in console, make it big enough to display all the info if there is a lot of people, then type 'snapshot' right after, it will make a pic of everything your cs is showing you, and it will save it into your cstrike folder for later(this can get messy, though).
    RadSavage wrote:The point is nobody will hack if there's someone in spec.
    Unless you were joking, that is not true.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] Killer_lord
    [PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:43 am

i dont know how many times ive mentioned this to tirant anon and mang
    Ki-Lier
    [PCSHOP] Forum Moderator
    [PCSHOP] Forum Moderator

Steam Name : Ki-Lier

Post by Ki-Lier Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:12 pm

okay.. before this goes on ill put it simple to you guys

hackers dont generally care if someone is in spec or not...like seriously...weither they toggle or not you will beable ot tell with their game play..

the whole reason /spec is in place is because back in the day..if you recall...ppl would continously go spec and rejoin a team trying to stack teams which caused a huge unfair advantage to newer players thus causing them to leave..

in simpler terms.. /spec disallows stacking of teams but still allows admins to catch hackers.

now granted /spec disallows the community them selves to help out with hackers (which i did when i first joined the servers) so because regulars cannot get ahold of admins because they're either busy / away / sleeping / w/e hackers remain rampant on the server unless caught promptly.

Here is my propsal if we do infact invert back. if you /spec merely to stack teams and i personally find out 1 day ban that simple if oyu continue ban length doubles each time

/spec is there to grant the allowance to spec players to see if ppl indeed are hacking or not people other wise use it to stack teams and causeing ppl to leave due to unfair advantages.
    tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
    tIdAL_WaVE.l|3
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : tIdAL_WaVE.l|3-iKz-
    steamcommunity.com/id/2148820195835613

Post by tIdAL_WaVE.l|3 Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:41 pm

Ki-Lier wrote:okay.. before this goes on ill put it simple to you guys

hackers dont generally care if someone is in spec or not...like seriously...weither they toggle or not you will beable ot tell with their game play..

the whole reason /spec is in place is because back in the day..if you recall...ppl would continously go spec and rejoin a team trying to stack teams which caused a huge unfair advantage to newer players thus causing them to leave..

in simpler terms.. /spec disallows stacking of teams but still allows admins to catch hackers.

now granted /spec disallows the community them selves to help out with hackers (which i did when i first joined the servers) so because regulars cannot get ahold of admins because they're either busy / away / sleeping / w/e hackers remain rampant on the server unless caught promptly.

Here is my propsal if we do infact invert back. if you /spec merely to stack teams and i personally find out 1 day ban that simple if oyu continue ban length doubles each time

/spec is there to grant the allowance to spec players to see if ppl indeed are hacking or not people other wise use it to stack teams and causeing ppl to leave due to unfair advantages.

i agree and vouch for this im all for having the community help us out but if they are going to abuse it and not use it for its intended use then they should be dealt with and i personally think that that is a fair punishment for them
    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@

Post by j0p@p@ Sat 27 Nov 2010, 6:38 pm

i agree with Ki_lier idea but hackers are not as much of a issue in bb. Would work with catching demos of base wreckers and such so i support this idea as well.

RadSavage wrote:However I think we should also make it obvious that there are admins in the servers. It's easier to deter hackers than secretly catch all of them. Green text, /admin, and just getting to know who the admins are is the way to deter people.
    A lot of hackers also assume that you are admin if you're wearing the tag of whatever clan is hosting the server, so just being in there as a PCSHOP member you are keeping hacks from being used in the server.

I got to disagree with this though. I get called into bb all day long for people wrecking base, making illegal bases and the rare hacker that comes into BB. When i come in and they see me they stop before i can even see it most the time. If i try to come in ninja style someone on my friends calls me out as soon i get there or they /admin and they stop. Which means i can not get a proper demo or even catch them doing it cause they know i will slap them with the ban hammer. I think green chat and /admin should be removed so admins can catch these fuckers ninja style.
    Zillerz
    Zillerz
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

Steam Name : Zillerz3

Post by Zillerz Sat 27 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

j0p@p@ wrote:i agree with Ki_lier idea but hackers are not as much of a issue in bb. Would work with catching demos of base wreckers and such so i support this idea as well.

RadSavage wrote:However I think we should also make it obvious that there are admins in the servers. It's easier to deter hackers than secretly catch all of them. Green text, /admin, and just getting to know who the admins are is the way to deter people.

I got to disagree with this though. I get called into bb all day long for people wrecking base, making illegal bases and the rare hacker that comes into BB. When i come in and they see me they stop before i can even see it most the time. If i try to come in ninja style someone on my friends calls me out as soon i get there or they /admin and they stop. Which means i can not get a proper demo or even catch them doing it cause they know i will slap them with the ban hammer. I think green chat and /admin should be removed so admins can catch these fuckers ninja style.

yeah thats true. or make every admin join without notice and type command /ninja or /hide and IF POSSIBLE its like they're not in the game OR (possible way) make them look like normal players (ex. change name to something else without notice)
    Ki-Lier
    [PCSHOP] Forum Moderator
    [PCSHOP] Forum Moderator

Steam Name : Ki-Lier

Post by Ki-Lier Sat 27 Nov 2010, 9:18 pm

personally radsavage i detest on being noticed in the server when im under ohter alias's...i hate green text it rly piss's me off some times i dont wanna talk as everyone knows my voice so i would rather type and POOF cover blown..

admins shouldnt be noticed...if htey wish to be noticed we have forums for that... we also have admin chat m@say for example...we dont need petty mods to state whos admin and whos not if a admin NEEDS to show his presence he can swifty with admin text ..

i would rather never be noticed as im always under cover hiding my name so i can pick ppl out easier
    sirvalence
    sirvalence
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

Steam Name : sirvalence
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirvalence

Post by sirvalence Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:58 pm

Ki-Lier wrote:okay.. before this goes on ill put it simple to you guys

theres got to be a way that we can have it so everyone can type /spec and when you type /unspec it puts you on the team you were already oidk if there is a plugin like that... or if tirant has time to code one so it may not work
    RadSavage
    RadSavage
    V.I.P.
    V.I.P.

Post by RadSavage Sun 28 Nov 2010, 1:45 am

The teams may have shifted in the time you were spec. Just watch out for the team stackers.
    KIller_Lord
    KIller_Lord
    Forum Member

Steam Name : [PCSHOP] Killer_lord
    [PCSHOP] Killer_lord

Post by KIller_Lord Sun 28 Nov 2010, 8:39 am

well i say make it so people or certian players can go spec because really the only reason why i know most of these people hack are from the way they move and shoot without that i wouldnt be able to detect any sort of hacks besides the real obviouse ones

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 5:48 am