Welcome to the PCShop Gaming Community forum!
Modern Warfare 2 | Base Builder | Laser Tag | Jailbreak
[ Base Builder Zombie Mod ] - 68.232.164.155:27015
[ Modern Warfare 2 ] - 68.232.165.165:27015
[ Laser Tag ] - 68.232.163.10:27015
[ Jailbreak ] - 216.6.224.138:27015

Log in

I forgot my password

Donate / Purchase Admin

Latest topics

» HOLY SHIT
Sat 26 Aug 2017, 5:31 am by Anon

» Well well...
Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:40 am by Anon

» One Last Topic.
Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:05 am by Rain.

» I don't know if people still use this thing but..
Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm by Streets

» Hi guys
Mon 21 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm by My Taylor Swift

» ARE WE STILL ALIVE ?
Sun 08 Sep 2013, 9:52 pm by Zshii

» Would buy 1 or 2 servers
Wed 28 Aug 2013, 6:50 am by 5150kaboom

» Hi im new
Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:37 am by strawberry face

» Just thought i would pop in to say hi
Mon 11 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm by oskarekziom

» Anon or Tirant
Mon 24 Dec 2012, 3:35 am by JIRK

» BF2 server
Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:31 pm by eaturpye

» MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!
Sat 15 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm by strawberry face

» 3 word story game
Sat 15 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm by morbid9567

» hello
Sat 15 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm by morbid9567

Modern Warefare 2 Server


    Why base builder is dead

    Share

    Gomer Pyle
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

    Gender : Male Posts : 156
    Join date : 2009-06-27
    Location : La Jolla

    Why base builder is dead

    Post by Gomer Pyle on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 1:52 am

    lack of creativity and what little does exist gets stifled.

    Ive been around since day 1 of bb and lets just say bases have come a long way. no jumps, alt roofing, airlocks, treehousing, and most recently the entrances that abuse stepsize. bases trend. While by itself is fine, the most successful base at the time will be the most popular, if you dont constantly seek out new designs it gets old. You can try and argue me on this one, but have you seen a new base recently? Also server population kinda proves my point.

    My second point is that what little creativity that does manifest in the server is immediately rejected or stifled. If you will recall my bullshit base that is "impossible" well technically it is legal. There is nothing in the rules that says a ct cant block a zombie, in fact its quite common for a ct to bump a zombie to buy a little extra time. Especially if the zombie is looking backward to avoid getting shot in the face. Yet, by some ludicrous interpretation, on my base, cts blocking is also illegal.

    Admittedly the base I made brakes basebuilder mechanics and exploits the limitations of the half life engine, but the point is super cool, totally new bases are instantly rejected. Even treehouses were nerfed after some person (props btw) thought up that tactic to make the zombies crawl on the narrow sliver then turn a corner. Super effective, and now no more than a nuisance since its 1 per treehouse.

    I could go on, but I think you get the gist of it. perhaps too late to save bb, but food for thought for any future servers. Keeping things fresh and new is how you keep people coming back.
    avatar
    strawberry face
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

    Steam Name : Strawberry Face
    Gender : Male Posts : 1355
    Join date : 2009-12-03
    Age : 30
    Location : Chino Hills, california
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010460731

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by strawberry face on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 1:55 am

    long time no see gomer, and very good points...

    RasKal
    Forum Member

    Steam Name : RasKal
    Gender : Female Posts : 2
    Join date : 2011-06-18

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by RasKal on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

    Why is BB server dead? It's self-explanatory.

    All the original members all left
    Non-existence staff/head-admin
    99% rule breakers with no admins in site
    All old rules are outdated
    Rules that doesn't make sense.-99block entrance isn't a obstacle
    All gun overpowered
    Nade - 1hitko | Deagle - 1hitko
    Tirant is gone, so no one cares for server

    I liked the structure back then:
    Owner - Tirant
    Head Admin / Buddies of Tirant - Gomer / Cam
    Secondary Admin - RasKal, Kaboom
    Referred admins - J0papa
    Referred player - Snipahz

    People actually respected this structure. Everyone knew the admins and rule was obeyed. Everyone spoke the rules to anyone rule breaking. Rule was always changing, but slowly and perfectly. It went with the flow of the gameplay. I miss back then. A lot of stuck with Tirant till the end. When he became in-active. Most of us left.

    You all know you want the old structure back. The popular server that was #1 and always in everyone's mind.

    If Anon needs my help. Tell one of the PCShop admins to PM me.
    avatar
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

    Gender : Male Posts : 1320
    Join date : 2009-12-20

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by LOLWUT on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

    RasKal wrote:Why is BB server dead? It's self-explanatory.

    All the original members all left
    Non-existence staff/head-admin
    99% rule breakers with no admins in site
    All old rules are outdated
    Rules that doesn't make sense.-99block entrance isn't a obstacle
    All gun overpowered
    Nade - 1hitko | Deagle - 1hitko
    Tirant is gone, so no one cares for server

    I liked the structure back then:
    Owner - Tirant
    Head Admin / Buddies of Tirant - Gomer / Cam
    Secondary Admin - RasKal, Kaboom
    Referred admins - J0papa
    Referred player - Snipahz

    People actually respected this structure. Everyone knew the admins and rule was obeyed. Everyone spoke the rules to anyone rule breaking. Rule was always changing, but slowly and perfectly. It went with the flow of the gameplay. I miss back then. A lot of stuck with Tirant till the end. When he became in-active. Most of us left.

    You all know you want the old structure back. The popular server that was #1 and always in everyone's mind.

    If Anon needs my help. Tell one of the PCShop admins to PM me.

    No need to be a giant douche about it...Tirants still here if you haven't noticed...The buddies of tirant were complete pricks and they bought the mod from tirant which sapped 50% or more of the players. Kaboom still plays. Your gone?...Jopapa loves the server he just hasn't had a chance to play (Citation needed, thats just my opinion). Snipahz is a 12 year old boy that use to play JB with me. I think Snipahz is a girl actually...No offense.

    Yes, I agree, some major things need changes such as reducing the nades damage from 2.5k > 1000 - 2000...Deagles damage also needs a nerf since it does 500 dmg or more on a headshot. Rules need to be updated (Which anon has clearly stated you may post a list of your own of which needs to be fixed). I've tried to establish some rules, but everyone is like "NAH THEY FINE!"...I gave up on that server/contributing rule fixes. It grew so boring compared to BF2. Same shit over and over with rules that are fucked.

    You've pretty much posted the same comment: "If you need help with shit, contact a steam member to find my whereabouts". Your acting like a plain jackass, Jesus....


    ________________
    avatar
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

    Steam Name : Anonymous
    Gender : Male Posts : 855
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 29
    Location : Kansas

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Anon on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

    My personal favorite is how pcshop was dead and we wern't listening so on to bigger and better things. Then after a few months (as with everyone else seemingly) they come back, but only thing different this time is the derogatory posts.

    It makes me giggle inside.



    However, on a more serious note:

    The point of why people in bb are gone, is not because of the "server structure" (imo) it's because that as gomer stated, theres no creativity. And by creativity let me specify my definiton of "creativity" of: fun, yet still generally deemed possibly by the overall bb community of players. NOT: a "LOLITSSTILLTECHNICALLYPOSSIBLENOOBS" base, but a base that players after a couple of tries can think to themselves "Oh yeah, one of these bases, I have to do this to get in." Not a "Oh yeah fuck-hole over there built his impossible base that you have to do this stupid shit that not your average cs bb player can do... so fuck that base, I'll just free jump instead LOL." <- And hence why bb gets boring because cts sit in their base, zombies don't try, and then people leave because no one wants to stare at your partner in a base listening to everyone scream over mic and spam the hell outta chat: "ZOMBIES STOP FREE JUMPING ZOMG!!111111111oneoneon!!!11!"

    So in short, I agree with the lack of "creativity" only with the definition of "creativity" being that people don't rage quit bb because something is "technically possible."

    Now, don't get me wrong, I love a challenging base just as much, if not more than the next person, but when it's just ridiculous (as some of the current bases are) there's just no point... because some of them... even if cts AREN'T shooting at you, one can still easily spend the entire round just trying to figure the ENTRANCE (let alone the rest of the damned base) out - WITHOUT avail - let alone, having your screen constantly shake and flash red / spurts of blood from the bullets when they ARE shooting at you.

    Also, admittedly it's hilarious as a CT to watch zombies fail at your base again and again, but after a while it gets boring. Also, as a zombie, it gets frustrating, so it's no real wonder why zombies free jump with the current bases, and why (after a while) it gets boring for BOTH sides real quick.

    Now that we've established why it's boring, and why people rage quit, continue that process for a few days / weeks with the same people and they just get tired of rage quitting, so they just don't join the server anymore because it's just the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over (you get my point) again: aka server population decline.

    NOW take that same principle of while people leave, and apply it to the current (and past admins) getting tired of "LOLTECHNICALLYSTILLPOSSIBLEBASES" so they can't do much about it, and spending you're whole round as a ct listening to everyone scream "ZOMGFREEJUMPERS!!111" And with no zombies trying... there's really no point to even joining the server because why? It's just not fun anymore for the many many reasons listed above.

    AND THEN, so now that we've lost the current and past admins of the server the REST of the REMAINING players also rage quit and don't want to buy admin because of the SAME reasons (just compounding the rule breaker problem)... ad infinitum and VIOLA!!!! The server has no people! And the few who remain, just break rules causing the even FEWER who still join to either resort to the same, or just leave and never come back!!!

    Wow... it's like magic.


    Seriously, it's not that hard to understand.

    And as for the rule changes in your other post raskal, I've asked you time and time again, SEND me a list of your proposed rule changes and I'll check them out! But as always, whine whine whine, but no effort in on the whiners part. Let me say it again, I'm always up for new ideas and suggestions, hell I think it's time (a long time ago) something happened, but with me being so busy, I ask for input from people and nothing comes back but QQQQQQQQQQQQQsauce.

    Maybe a little less time eating the cheese and whine, ...put the QQ down... and put some effort in eh? SEND ME SOME SUGGESTIONS... I've been willing to look at the rules ANY time someone ever said something.. And I'm not "PMing you because you probably won't be checking the forums" I know better than that, you'll be checking the forums because you can't help yourself. It's why you're back here. You came to me, I'm not coming to you.

    So... let's see them then eh?


    Last edited by Anon on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total


    ________________
    [PCSHOP] Head Admin







    ...Because none of us are as cruel as all of us... Expect us.
    avatar
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

    Gender : Male Posts : 1320
    Join date : 2009-12-20

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by LOLWUT on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm

    Anon wrote:My personal favorite is how pcshop was dead and we wern't listening so on to bigger and better things. Then after a few months (as with everyone else seemingly) they come back, but only thing different this time is the derogatory posts.

    It makes me giggle inside.



    However, on a more serious note:

    The point of why people in bb are gone, is not because of the "server structure" (imo) it's because that as gomer stated, theres no creativity. And by creativity let me specify my definiton of "creativity" of: fun, yet still generally deemed possibly by the overall bb community of players. NOT: a "LOLITSSTILLTECHNICALLYPOSSIBLENOOBS" base, but a base that players after a couple of tries can think to themselves "Oh yeah, one of these bases, I have to do this to get in." Not a "Oh yeah fuck-hole over there built his impossible base that you have to do this stupid shit that not your average cs bb player can do... so fuck that base, I'll just free jump instead LOL." <- And hence why bb gets boring because cts sit in their base, zombies don't try, and then people leave because no one wants to stare at your partner in a base listening to everyone scream over mic and spam the hell outta chat: "ZOMBIES STOP FREE JUMPING ZOMG!!111111111oneoneon!!!11!"

    So in short, I agree with the lack of "creativity" only with the definition of "creativity" being that people don't rage quit bb because something is "technically possible."

    Now, don't get me wrong, I love a challenging base just as much, if not more than the next person, but when it's just ridiculous (as some of the current bases are) there's just no point... because some of them... even if cts AREN'T shooting at you, one can still easily spend the entire round just trying to figure the ENTRANCE (let alone the rest of the damned base) out - WITHOUT avail - let alone, having your screen constantly shake and flash red / spurts of blood from the bullets when they ARE shooting at you.

    Also, admittedly it's hilarious as a CT to watch zombies fail at your base again and again, but after a while it gets boring. Also, as a zombie, it gets frustrating, so it's no real wonder why zombies free jump with the current bases, and why (after a while) it gets boring for BOTH sides real quick.

    Now that we've established why it's boring, and why people rage quit, continue that process for a few days / weeks with the same people and they just get tired of rage quitting, so they just don't join the server anymore because it's just the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over (you get my point) again: aka server population decline.

    NOW take that same principle of while people leave, and apply it to the current (and past admins) getting tired of "LOLTECHNICALLYSTILLPOSSIBLEBASES" so they can't do much about it, and spending you're whole round as a ct listening to everyone scream "ZOMGFREEJUMPERS!!111" And with no zombies trying... there's really no point to even joining the server because why? It's just not fun anymore for the many many reasons listed above.

    AND THEN, so now that we've lost the current and past admins of the server the REST of the REMAINING players also rage quit and don't want to buy admin because of the SAME reasons (just compounding the rule breaker problem)... add infinitum and VIOLA!!!! The server has no people! And the few who remain, just break rules causing the even FEWER who still join to either resort to the same, or just leave and never come back!!!

    Wow... it's like magic.


    Seriously, it's not that hard to understand.

    And as for the rule changes in your other post raskal, I've asked you time and time again, SEND me a list of your proposed rule changes and I'll check them out! But as always, whine whine whine, but no effort in on the whiners part. Let me say it again, I'm always up for new ideas and suggestions, hell I think it's time (a long time ago) something happened, but with me being so busy, I ask for input from people and nothing comes back but QQQQQQQQQQQQQsauce.

    Maybe a little less time eating the cheese and whine, ...put the QQ down... and put some effort in eh? SEND ME SOME SUGGESTIONS... I've been willing to look at the rules ANY time someone ever said something.. And I'm not "PMing you because you probably won't be checking the forums" I know better than that, you'll be checking the forums because you can't help yourself. It's why you're back here. You came to me, I'm not coming to you.

    So... let's see them then eh?

    Brilliantly worded kind sir...Anon pretty much summed it up for you there raskal. Whenever I do see people in there, I pop in under a different alias and see whats going on. If someone has a problem with the people in the server, They pm me and I respond (if im not afk due to school or so on...)...Anyways...


    ________________
    avatar
    dez
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

    Steam Name : dez
    Gender : Male Posts : 421
    Join date : 2010-03-03
    Age : 31
    Location : Atlanta

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by dez on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:43 pm

    Hey everyone,

    I just wanted to drop my two cents into this topic.

    We have a fantastic opportunity here to help make BB into whatever we want. The simple fact is, that the source code for BB exists in many other servers now. That we cannot change. What we can change is the personnel in the server. Much like Jailbreak mod, BB is a constantly-changing mod that varies based of players.

    What PCSHOP members need to start doing is getting over themselves. Ego can only hurt a server. I'll be the first to admit that I completely suck at BB. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being worse than an one-legged duck taking on a steroid pumping Alligator, I'm coming in at over 9,000. However, I've noticed that when I'm playing with some semi-regulars and newbies, we all end up having a great time. I'll build a tunnel base that isn't very long and I can generally kill 2 waves of zombies. It's quick, it's fun, and it keeps everyone engaged. It encourages people to try while being zombies and leads to people taking new tries while base building.

    Heck, as bad as I am, if someone seems like they need help, I'll work on building a base and explaining it to them during our build time, even if it means taking a face-full of zombie orgasm the second after the round starts while my newly acquired friend blasts waves of scorching metal at those undead bastards.

    Now on the the flipside, I've played in the server with BB pros (many PCSHOP members - either tagged or undercover) and they create awe-inspiring bases. It's fun and all at first, but eventually, it leads to a disconnect among the zombies. If you don't have coordination, you can't expect anything. And you have many that are in it for the rank and protecting their death numbers. We need to get over that mindset. That is one of the largest things holding us back from being able to really foster a good relationship with newer players.

    If we all just used a little more tact, common sense, and logic, we wouldn't even need limitations on bases. No one wants to crimp imagination and innovation, but why not do it on a smaller scale. Hell, if you find your base is too hard, then try challenging yourself in a hard base. Maybe you can only fire a burst shot ever 3 seconds. You don't even have to announce something like that.

    Ultimately, BB is what you make it. If that is just sitting around complaining, then you know the result already and this thread is useless. If you want something more out of it, well, fucking wake up already, it's right there in front of you. You have an entire summer to help cultivate a new identity for the server.

    Get up and do something about it.

    -Dez

    P.S. Nice to see ya Gomer. Much <3
    avatar
    dez
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

    Steam Name : dez
    Gender : Male Posts : 421
    Join date : 2010-03-03
    Age : 31
    Location : Atlanta

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by dez on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm

    On a related note (and I'm not going to edit my post because you bastards need to read the whole thing without your complaining about TL;DRs)

    I think BB and any mod like it in which the T's and CTs switch off different roles, should NEVER have /rank, /top15, or /rankstats associated with it. Keep the credits as something to work towards, but I don't want some stupid arbitrary number affecting the way people play the game.

    Without getting into too deep of an issue, I think a lot of people don't realize that fun is a very subjective term.

    Well, I'm going to stop here. I have more to say on the topic, but I would love to hear from everyone else too. This is a great community, and I'm happy to be a part of it. I can't wait to see what sort of solutions everyone is able to come up with Very Happy

    -Dez
    avatar
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

    Steam Name : fuzzy bear
    Gender : Male Posts : 775
    Join date : 2009-12-31
    Age : 25
    Location : Radsavage's home

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Fuzzy Bear on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 12:39 am

    sometimes when i go in I play some time and the people just leave speacially when everyone is from the same clan thats just frustrating, I have to agree on some points gomer has stated such as when he says that when some creativity shows up some people reject it because they think its illegal, thats everyones favorite word "illegal base" everywhere, maybe we should be more flexible and let some kinds of new bases.


    ________________

    Ki-Lier
    [PCSHOP] Forum Moderator
    [PCSHOP] Forum Moderator

    Steam Name : Ki-Lier
    Gender : Male Posts : 375
    Join date : 2010-01-01

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Ki-Lier on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 1:55 am

    All the original members all left
    Non-existence staff/head-admin
    99% rule breakers with no admins in site
    All old rules are outdated
    Rules that doesn't make sense.-99block entrance isn't a obstacle
    All gun overpowered
    Nade - 1hitko | Deagle - 1hitko
    Tirant is gone, so no one cares for server

    okay lil break down for you...

    all the orginals had left..yes...people come and go...cycle of life. get used to it..

    Head admins / staff are around...im around as much as i can be working 12 hour shifts every day...anons always around also as is tirant (more then oyu think) as tidal / papa

    about the rule breakers...yah cant say if thats true or not...as i havnt had time to do anything in the past almost month now..might have me on that one..

    didnt the rules...just get a facelift? could have sworn they did...

    no idea what ur talkin about for the -99 block thingy..

    guns are not over powered...if you play properly you can get to any base just fine..

    nade...deagles...are not 1 hit ko...not once have i been 1 hit by them...

    tirant hasnt left...hes just became more busy...such as my self..
    hes still active...hes still doing behind the scenes stuffs..but dont forget he is going to school again and getting better with programming and other computer techieness..

    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

    Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@
    Gender : Male Posts : 218
    Join date : 2010-10-20

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by j0p@p@ on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

    Fuzzy Bear wrote:sometimes when i go in I play some time and the people just leave speacially when everyone is from the same clan thats just frustrating, I have to agree on some points gomer has stated such as when he says that when some creativity shows up some people reject it because they think its illegal, thats everyones favorite word "illegal base" everywhere, maybe we should be more flexible and let some kinds of new bases.

    Vouch

    I have been back to work which is why i have not been around like i usually am. But when i am home i do always check the server and go in if i see people in there. Which has not been often. When i am in there people are complaining about all the rules breakers especially at night so it does happen quite a bit i guess.

    But i agree with gomer and fuzzy that we need to make more room for creativity and be a little more lax on some of the rules. I have been playing some of the other BB servers and with less rules the servers seem to flourish more. And i believe this is because we are playing with kids and kids do not want a lot of rules. They just wanna play the game. But we need some rules cause they help make it more challenging to make a base. Which is why i play PCSHOP above all is because of the standards for the server and the challenge of making a base. We got to find a good balance.

    I would love to see raskals list of rules he has mentioned but i think he does not like his ideas to be criticized. But in the end the only opinions that matter are the people the make they final choices. Tirant and Anon are not weak minded. (not saying anyone said they were) But despite what anyone sayz they will make up there minds based on how they feel on the subject. Which is why they are heads of the server. Point is post what you think the rules should be FFS and stop QQ about it.

    And i do not believe that old school members not playing has anything to do with it. Someone new that comes in is not gonna know who any old school members are. So why would they care? People come people go.

    And Gomer IDC what you say that base was illegal. Where you stood blocked zombies from coming in which makes your base impossible with no way in. Zombies have to be able to get to you and as a BB player from day 1 you should know this.

    Some kind of change is needed to bring BB back to life.





    ________________
    avatar
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

    Steam Name : fuzzy bear
    Gender : Male Posts : 775
    Join date : 2009-12-31
    Age : 25
    Location : Radsavage's home

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Fuzzy Bear on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

    i dont know what was gomer actually talking about but blocking its possible with your own "body" is possible but if he blocked the entrance with a piece then its illegal so what happend?


    ________________
    avatar
    sirvalence
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

    Steam Name : sirvalence
    Gender : Male Posts : 889
    Join date : 2009-06-26
    Age : 28
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirvalence

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by sirvalence on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:37 pm

    my opinion on this is certain people who have been mia for months at a time shouldnt be on here criticizing on why the server is dead when they themselves dont help the problem.....
    just my 2 cents
    avatar
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

    Gender : Male Posts : 462
    Join date : 2009-06-25
    Location : OC, California

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by 5150kaboom on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

    Anon wrote:"...a base that players after a couple of tries can think to themselves "Oh yeah, one of these bases, I have to do this to get in." Not a "Oh yeah fuck-hole over there built his impossible base that you have to do this stupid shit that not your average cs bb player can do... so fuck that base, I'll just free jump instead LOL." <- And hence why bb gets boring because cts sit in their base, zombies don't try, and then people leave because no one wants to stare at your partner in a base listening to everyone scream over mic and spam the hell outta chat: "ZOMBIES STOP FREE JUMPING ZOMG!!111111111oneoneon!!!11!"

    This sums up 95% of why there's no players in BB. So lets stay focused on the main problem and forget the small talk.

    LISTEN UP PEOPLE THIS IS AN EASY FIX!


    The rules must be changed..
    1. NO MORE 99 BLOCK ENTRANCES (no obstacles at tunnel entrances)
    2. NO Obstacles on Airbases / Back to 2 per airbase

    Anyone can think of anything else to add to this list? To be honest I think those two rule changes would pretty much fix the server pop. New players who have never even seen BB can come play and have a fair chance.
    avatar
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

    Steam Name : Anonymous
    Gender : Male Posts : 855
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 29
    Location : Kansas

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Anon on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:30 pm

    I agree kaboom.

    I totally agree.

    Also /endsmalltalk.

    Let's stick to the subject at hand.


    ________________
    [PCSHOP] Head Admin







    ...Because none of us are as cruel as all of us... Expect us.
    avatar
    LOLWUT
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard
    [PCSHOP] Server Guard

    Gender : Male Posts : 1320
    Join date : 2009-12-20

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by LOLWUT on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

    5150kaboom wrote:
    Anon wrote:"...a base that players after a couple of tries can think to themselves "Oh yeah, one of these bases, I have to do this to get in." Not a "Oh yeah fuck-hole over there built his impossible base that you have to do this stupid shit that not your average cs bb player can do... so fuck that base, I'll just free jump instead LOL." <- And hence why bb gets boring because cts sit in their base, zombies don't try, and then people leave because no one wants to stare at your partner in a base listening to everyone scream over mic and spam the hell outta chat: "ZOMBIES STOP FREE JUMPING ZOMG!!111111111oneoneon!!!11!"

    This sums up 95% of why there's no players in BB. So lets stay focused on the main problem and forget the small talk.

    LISTEN UP PEOPLE THIS IS AN EASY FIX!


    The rules must be changed..
    1. NO MORE 99 BLOCK ENTRANCES (no obstacles at tunnel entrances)
    2. NO Obstacles on Airbases / Back to 2 per airbase

    Anyone can think of anything else to add to this list? To be honest I think those two rule changes would pretty much fix the server pop. New players who have never even seen BB can come play and have a fair chance.

    Fucking vouch. Jesus... -.-... lol.


    ________________
    avatar
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

    Gender : Male Posts : 462
    Join date : 2009-06-25
    Location : OC, California

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by 5150kaboom on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:06 am

    Thanks Anon, LOLWUT... I'm just glad we're all in agreement that there needs to be change in the rules to help brand new players feel welcome in the server, I thought i was the only one who felt that way but it's obvious now that most of the community thinks so as well. Hopefully we can resolve this and get back to good old fashioned BB where "you win some, and you loose some", and EVERYONE has fun! Godspeed
    avatar
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

    Steam Name : fuzzy bear
    Gender : Male Posts : 775
    Join date : 2009-12-31
    Age : 25
    Location : Radsavage's home

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Fuzzy Bear on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:12 am

    well i got a great idea to bring more people, give admin for 1 month or 15 days whoever brings 8 or more people to the server, i dont know if that is a realistic number maybe less but you get my point, i know some might say that they will abuse, but lets give them strict rules about abusing. this is a great opportunity and we are all desperate i believe myself included because we cant play anymore if no1 plays. with this system we can tell them to contact any of the pcshop admins like kaboom, lolwut, jopapa, me and tell us the names of the people they are bringing, so we make a closed thread at which we can add the names so lets say like this:

    FUZZY BEAR:

    1. Kaboom
    2. lolwut
    3. anon
    ......

    I just came up with this system while playing but i think is a pretty good one.


    ________________
    avatar
    Anon
    [PCSHOP] Administrator
    [PCSHOP] Administrator

    Steam Name : Anonymous
    Gender : Male Posts : 855
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 29
    Location : Kansas

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Anon on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:59 am

    IN theory it is fuzzy. However, people WILL abuse. Even if they have rules aginst it or not. That, and there's no real way of telling if the person is telling the truth on who they brought to the server... or even if they brought that person for just one time. OR if they brought 15 people, it could be the same person with 15 different names and I don't really want to keep track of different steam id's / ips for a bunch of people.

    A good idea, but rather impossible to keep track of.


    ________________
    [PCSHOP] Head Admin







    ...Because none of us are as cruel as all of us... Expect us.
    avatar
    Fuzzy Bear
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member
    [PCSHOP] Veteran Member

    Steam Name : fuzzy bear
    Gender : Male Posts : 775
    Join date : 2009-12-31
    Age : 25
    Location : Radsavage's home

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Fuzzy Bear on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:33 am

    well you are right about all of that but if we could find some way to keep track of the id, there must be some kind of way we cant lose faith, this could be a way to boost up popularity


    ________________
    avatar
    dez
    [PCSHOP] Member
    [PCSHOP] Member

    Steam Name : dez
    Gender : Male Posts : 421
    Join date : 2010-03-03
    Age : 31
    Location : Atlanta

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by dez on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:11 am

    I like the idea Fuzz, but what if instead of bringing people on, we track the amount of time played on the BB server. We can run something where is you play x amount of time in a 7-day period, you win a 15-day free admin on the server. (With the condition that abuse = taken away)

    This would encourage players to be in the server which would naturally help with server pop and we wouldn't have to worry about taking someone's word on who they brought in. Possibly we add an auto-kicker afk script for the week to avoid someone sitting, but I think this would be a metric that would be easier to measure and naturally encourage activity.

    Just a thought.

    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

    Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@
    Gender : Male Posts : 218
    Join date : 2010-10-20

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by j0p@p@ on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

    5150kaboom wrote:
    Anon wrote:"...a base that players after a couple of tries can think to themselves "Oh yeah, one of these bases, I have to do this to get in." Not a "Oh yeah fuck-hole over there built his impossible base that you have to do this stupid shit that not your average cs bb player can do... so fuck that base, I'll just free jump instead LOL." <- And hence why bb gets boring because cts sit in their base, zombies don't try, and then people leave because no one wants to stare at your partner in a base listening to everyone scream over mic and spam the hell outta chat: "ZOMBIES STOP FREE JUMPING ZOMG!!111111111oneoneon!!!11!"

    This sums up 95% of why there's no players in BB. So lets stay focused on the main problem and forget the small talk.

    LISTEN UP PEOPLE THIS IS AN EASY FIX!


    The rules must be changed..
    1. NO MORE 99 BLOCK ENTRANCES (no obstacles at tunnel entrances)
    2. NO Obstacles on Airbases / Back to 2 per airbase

    Anyone can think of anything else to add to this list? To be honest I think those two rule changes would pretty much fix the server pop. New players who have never even seen BB can come play and have a fair chance.


    I almost agree with this. I think obstacles at entrances should be limited but not done away with. People do get out of hand with how many pieces they use to make these obstacles and they definitely needs to be limited. I suggest making a rule that limits how many pieces can be use But also make a rule that sayz tunnels can not be made so that is slows crouch speed. w This is what makes these tunnels especially hard is when the first 2 pieces are so close together you have to glitch to get in.

    They air base can go either way i think. If we keep the obstacle we need to specify that it can have only 2 obstacles instead of 2 pieces. If your clever you can use 2 pieces to make up to 8 obstacle. I push the rules as they are wrote down and they need to specify that only 2 obstacles not pieces can be on a air base. But i also like the idea of bringing back the normal ratio to air bases and doing away with the obstacles cause i will admit and agree they are a pain in the ass and even with one person are usually over powered.

    I think it should look more like this.

    1. 0nly 4 pieces can be used to make a entrance with obstacles.
    2. No part of a tunnel can slow crouch speed
    3. Air bases can only have two obstacles that you have to sidestep to get by.

    Or

    1. 0nly 4 pieces can be used to make a entrance with obstacles.
    2. No part of a tunnel can slow crouch speed.
    3. Air bases can not have any obstacles.
    4. Air bases share the same ratio as ground bases.

    Either of these will bring some balance to how difficult a base can be. But i do not think totally taking it away is good cause then bases are too easy. Just my thoughts on it.


    ________________
    avatar
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

    Gender : Male Posts : 462
    Join date : 2009-06-25
    Location : OC, California

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by 5150kaboom on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:14 am

    j0p@p@ wrote:
    1. 0nly 4 pieces can be used to make a entrance with obstacles.
    2. No part of a tunnel can slow crouch speed
    3. Air bases can only have two obstacles that you have to sidestep to get by.

    Or

    1. 0nly 4 pieces can be used to make a entrance with obstacles.
    2. No part of a tunnel can slow crouch speed.
    3. Air bases can not have any obstacles.
    4. Air bases share the same ratio as ground bases.

    Either of these will bring some balance to how difficult a base can be. But i do not think totally taking it away is good cause then bases are too easy. Just my thoughts on it.

    I like these rules and have thought of these same scenarios myself. The only thing is it's easier to just say "Hey no obstacles!" Instead of having to explain how to use them correctly. For example i wouldn't mind keeping the tunnel entrance obstacles(to a limit like jo said - 4 max) but i would give that up if it means the server could be managed much easier. Again, it's just easier to say "hey no obstacles!!" We've all seen it again and again, someone wants to run up to an airbase thinking it's 2 per base just like ground bases, and we have to painstakingly try to explain to them "Hey, It's one per airbase!" And just like jopapa said, 2 pieces can be made into 8 obstacles if you know how.. This just messes with everyone. People can't understand it or "pretend" that they don't understand it. It's easier to just say, "NO OBSTACLES at all" and then we can assume they know the rules and should be following them. I hope that makes sense, i kinda jumbled it around but i think you get the picture.

    j0p@p@
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management
    [PCSHOP] Bans Management

    Steam Name : [PCSHOP] J0P@P@
    Gender : Male Posts : 218
    Join date : 2010-10-20

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by j0p@p@ on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:17 am

    How about the rules look something like this? Please leave comments and thoughts for changes or dislikes for what i did. But i wanted to put down what i feel the rules should look like.


    #1 All bases must have at least one way in/out. No inaccessible bases.
    -----a. Meaning I should be able to get in and out of your base without having to boost

    #2 All bases must touch the ground, meaning:
    -----a. You must stay above the blocks supporting your base
    -----b. Breaking this rule is called Island camping "made this change cause i think the wall should count as the ground making jump bases a little easier to make"

    #3 Do not block zombie spawn, including
    -----a. No preventing zombies from leaving
    -----b. No tunnels, mazes or making it difficult to get out

    #4 Absolutely no building in the survivor spawn area. This includes:
    -----a. Placing pieces and then /fixspawn 'ing to be unreachable (See rule #1)
    -----b. Placing pieces to abuse the ct spawn force field.

    #5 Do not touch other players pieces.
    -----a. If they are actively building a base do not take them.
    -----b. If they've built a base, do not destroy their base.


    #5.1 Tunnels can't be longer than 4 medium pieces long. Non-jumping tunnels can't be longer than two. Air bases can be as tall as the map permits. <
    #5.2 Obstacles on air bases and ground entrances are not permited. "To make bases more bearable to do"

    #5.3 No KZ bases. This means no strafe jumps. Long jumps are permited. "I think long jumps should be permited cause almost everyone can long jump but strafe jumps are a lot harder"

    #5.4 No "surf" bases. These are ½ tunnels that take FOREVER to get through.

    #5.5 Bases can not share the same entrance. This includes tunnels and stairs to tree-houses.

    #5.6 No blocking bases. Tunnels or other bases where only one zombie at a time can go in.

    #5.7 Air and ground bases share the same ratio for how many can be in/on them. "To balance for no obstacles"

    #6 Number of CT's per base will not exceed more than one-third the number of zombies at round start. This is when the build time is up, at ~6:30 Example:

    -----a. If there are 9, 10 11 zombies, only 3 CT's per base. Round down, not up.

    -----b. Exceptions can be if there are fewer than 6 per team 3 , 9 zombies / 2 = CT's allowed per base.Round down, not up.

    -----c. the # per base is non negotiable. I dont care if your arent shooting, 3 means 3.

    #7 No moving blocks off the map. (We understand that accidents happen.) This is a perm ban offense.

    #8 No putting pieces on players so they can't move.

    #9 No FreeJumping. Zombies must go after the CT's, not plan their bases, jump around aimlessly, go AFK or try to climb up/into abandoned bases (unless these bases have a way into another base) --this includes tea partying -aka- zombies not killing CT's and vice versa when in their base under normal circumstances.

    #9.1 Do not kill yourself. Don't do this to avoid getting killed by the opposite team.

    #9.2 No reconnecting to get yourself on survivors team the next round. Yes it sucks when you die right away, it just means you have to do better. Sometimes the server will kick you for "Reason: Z" and that's fine, just connect again but don't keep reconnecting to get on your team. If an admin is present ask them to switch you. Excessive reconnecting is a banable offense.

    #10 Be respectful of your fellow players. No excessive swearing, no spamming the mic or text.

    #11 Be respectful of the admins. They're there to help you.


    Not a lot of changes but i think it will make a big difference.


    Last edited by j0p@p@ on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total


    ________________
    avatar
    5150kaboom
    Asskicker
    Asskicker

    Gender : Male Posts : 462
    Join date : 2009-06-25
    Location : OC, California

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by 5150kaboom on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:21 am

    ^^^ I Love it.. These rules are easy enough to follow and easy to enforce, but more importantly gives new players a chance to get into bases that are otherwise impossible to get into if you are a new bee (I.E. 99block entrances where new players just give up right away out of frustration and in some cases don't even believe it's possible to get in) Big Ups to JoPapa! I really believe that with these rules we can get the server back to normal population and maybe even beyond.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Why base builder is dead

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed 21 Nov 2018, 2:33 pm